Thursday, April 3, 2014

What i ve learnt from the Makeup Class- Makeup 101

Assalamualaikum Luvlies,

As per my previous, I have attended makeup classes last Sunday and Monday. It was fun and I really enjoyed myself. So many tricks and tips that I need to practice on myself and others. I never thought that drawing your own eyebrows  can be soooo hard *sigh.

Below are some important tips that I would like to share with you guys :
1- Always start with the eye makeup 1st, as you don't want to smudge your base makeup if there is any eyeshadow fallouts
2- Draw your eyebrow, all MUA admits that this part is the trickiest and more time consuming. You can 1st start by lining your eyebrow using eyebrow pencil and fill in. You can either use concealer to clean up the stray hair especially for those that did not trim their eyebrow *I'm raising my hand. Use the eyebrow mascara/gel to hold hair into position. Finally use the eyeshadow to set the eyebrow. p/s : I told you it's not easy hahahahaha *evil laugh
3- For eyeshadow, start by applying the transition colour (neutral/2nd lightest colour in palette) to the crease area, apply shimmer/satin shade to overall eyelid and choose the darkest shade for the outer V. Blend..blend..blendddd.
4- Contouring is important in order to create more definition and shape your face.
5- There are 2 ways on how to contour :
    a- using 2 shades of foundation - 1 darker shade and one lighter/actual      shade
    b- using contour colour after finishing your base/foundation <- this step will only require 1 shade foundation
 6- Apply the corrector if required. Then apply the concealer starting with the under eyes, draw V shape pointing downwards, smile lines, 4 lines between the eyebrows and nose line. Note : always choose concealer that is lighter than your base/foundation. Blend..Blendd..Blendddd
7- Wait for the wet makeup to dry *important
8- Do final check to ensure all blemishes/spots are concealed before applying any setting/loose powder
9- Dab the fluffy puff into setting/loose powder and press into the skin.
10- Apply the bronzer to the sides of the face follow by blusher
11- Blusher has to be applied above the contour line as we still want the line to peek through
12- Apply highlighter in V motion
13- Contour your nose and makes it look 'natural'
14- Use the setting spray
15- Take a few steps back and look at the mirror.


NOTE : ALWAYS APPLY WET MAKEUP 1ST AND LET IT DRY BEFORE MOVING TO THE NEXT STEP.


*spot me hahaha. One of the MUA was doing a demo



That's it.

Tadaa~


No comments:

Post a Comment